guided tour only: 2pm (without booking), 3pm and 4pm (by prior booking by phone)
Dive into the history of The Rocks area, courtesy of this moving little museum. The interior of this block of four terraced houses, built by Irish immigrants in 1844, reveals the intimacy of the locals, who were members of the working class. Old furniture and outdated utensils, peeling wallpaper, worn lino floors: is all there. The grocer's that one of the families ran in 1915 has been faithfully recreated and offers goods from back in the day.